Phase 5 MVP Wakesurf Board 2020
John Akerman Pro Model
- Designed and ridden by 2018 World Champion John Akerman
Integrated Grab Rail
- A dedicated spot on the rail of the board that makes grabs easier for airs and on water tricks
Floaty Trick Surgeon
- The MVP features a fast rocker line, tight symmetrical pintail shape and a complete board traction pad for riding revert - all on top of a profile that delivers slightly more float than other high-performance skimmers in the Phase 5 lineup
- Lighter, faster and more durable than any standard board layup
A year after the MVP was released John Akerman used it to throw down one of the best wakesurf runs in history and secure his place as a World Champion. The MVP helped John up his game to the next level - what can it do for you?
Phase 5 stepped out of the box with a brand new design element not found on another board from Phase 5, Rail Grab Channels. The advantages are clear. It allows the rider a spot to grab onto when executing airs. John liked the outline shape of the Matrix he has been riding so they kept it, but he wanted to have a thicker core to have more float and forgiveness. The MVP is definitely its own animal and it keeps John pushing the limits of the sport.
The MVP is hand built in Florida using Phase 5's exclusive Carbon layup that gives the board the strongest and fastest construction possible.
- 50" x 20.5" x .65" - 8 Liter Volume = For Riders 90 - 170 lbs.
- 53" x 20.75" x .65" - 8.5 Liter Volume = For Riders 120 - 200 lbs.
- 56" x 21" x .65" - 9.5 Liter Volume = For Riders 150 - 230 lbs.
Rider size suggested is for average ability and wave size. Experienced riders on a larger wave may prefer smaller size and beginners may require a larger size.
- Techno Grip Traction pads
Mid density EVA horizontal groove with dimple dots. The best traction grip Phase 5 has ever offered
- GatorSkin Carbon Layup
Super Tuff Carbon and Aramid glass weave. The strongest material used on any wakesurf board. For those demanding the best performance.
- Ridge Grip Rail Channels
A bit more bite on carves and a better grip place when grabbing the board
Refined vacuum assisted hand lamination process with built-in glass / bar stringers on the bottom edge of the board for extra strength and pop
- Textured Finish
Top sheet with texture and reduced laminate for less weight
- .65" Core Thickness
Most responsive and sensitive profile that provides increased pop
Proprietary material used to create beautiful digital graphic inlays
- Hand Built in the USA
Every Phase 5 board is shaped by hand by actual riders / shapers in Venice, Florida
- Small 1" Single Fin
Lowest amount of drag with the most speed and agility of any skim fin setup
This product qualifies for our amazingly awesome Lifetime Returns program!
Congratulations, you will never have to worry about getting stuck with something you don't like ever again!
This product can be returned at any time from now till the end of the world as long as it is returned in like new condition with all original packaging.
For full details visit our returns page.